* Important notice to all applicants from the Middle East to the 2nd call (November-December 2014):
no 36 months scholarships available for Doctorates
If you are doctorate:
1. You must apply online respecting the deadline.
2. The online application consists of six sections. Sections have to be filled in order ( you have to fill section 1 before you can go section 2, section 2 has to be filled before you can move to section 3, the same applies until you reach the last section). Data has to be saved for each section by clicking the save button placed in each section, in addition, data can be updated and saved again any time prior to final application submission.
3. The sections mentioned above are:
* Section1: Applicant personal information
* Section 2: Applicant academic information
* Section 3: Language skills
* Section 4: My application
* Section 5: Upload files
* Section 6: Submit
4. Required documents that need to be uploaded in the upload section are:
· Your CV in English (TheEUROPASS format to be uploaded)
· Language Certificate ( if specified in the academic offer)
· The copy of your passport or ID
· Motivation letter
· Letters of recommendation
· Your student card or a certificate of registration (TG1 and TG2)
· The signed Statement on oath , if your nationality is Jordanian, Lebanese, Palestinian
· The transcript of records of your Master grade (scanned copies)
· A presentation of intended research project and objectives set for the exchanges approved by the research director or the laboratory director of the home university/ The workplan signed by the home university
· The details of the academic work and publications.
· The scanned copy of the acceptance letter signed by the hosting laboratory approving the scholarship holder’s project
· For thesis co-supervision: The thesis co-supervision agreement signed or ready for signature, or
· a letter from the director of your host laboratory approving your exchange and specifying whether the thesis will be jointly supervised by the two universities in the event that you obtain a HERMES scholarship- NOT FOR FULL DEGREE
· - Priority for host universities: you have the possibility to make two choices of host universities. In case your application is rejected by the university of 1st choice, your application is forwarded to the university of 2nd choice.
5. Submit your application by clicking on "submit application button": Once you click on “submit application button” after the completion of the five sections described above, you will not have access anymore to your application and no more changes will be allowed. So, please make sure to carefully review your application before hitting the "submit application button".
NB: If your wish to apply for a cotutelle mobility, you need to look for a hosting laboratory and a thesis co-director/supervisor in a partner-university.
In order to do so, ask your thesis director to provide you with information about current projects undertaken jointly with partner universities. This should help you to contact a professor willing to become your supervisor at the host university.
You should also search on the web sites of the partner universities to identify laboratories doing research on your field of study.
When you first contact a partner university with the aim of finding a host institution, it would be useful to briefly describe the HERMES project, your area of study and the type of cooperation you are hoping to achieve. You should also mention that your HERMES application requires an invitation letter from the host university, and that you must obtain the HERMES scholarship in order to proceed with the exchange
ALL INCOMPLETE APPLICATION OR SUBMITTED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE REJECTED.
NB : Conditional selection If at the time of application, you cannot provide your university results, the final selection will be conditioned by the passing of your degree.